Services for International Employees & Scholars

Application Process

As the office designated to handle visa and immigration matters for The University of Kansas, International Programs (IP) works with KU employing departments to prepare H-1B petitions.  Department liaisons should download the required intake forms from our website or contact Senior International Employee & Scholar Advisor Keeli Nelson, with any questions about the H-1B process.  The department liaison will need to gather the required documents to submit to IP.  IP coordinates all documentation and conducts correspondence with the appropriate government agencies and files all relevant petitions with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).  If USCIS approves the H-1B employment, USCIS will send the H-1B approval notice (Form I-797) directly to IP.  IP will provide Form I-797 and appropriate documents to the department and employee.

Department Documentation Needed:

Employee Documentation Needed:

International Calendar

Founded in 1964 as part of a Ford Foundation campus internationalization grant
One of the first 12 intensive English programs in the United States
Each semester, the AEC enrolls about 250 students representing more than 35 countries on six continents
The Applied English Center offers field trips and conversation groups to our students
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times