Services for International Employees & Scholars

Travel Signature

Travel Outside the United States

Prior to traveling outside the United States, it is the scholar’s responsibility to obtain a travel validation signature for re-entry into the United States.  To obtain a travel signature contact an advisor in International Programs and bring your DS-2019.

Travel Inside the United States

If you will go on vacation to other areas of the United States, you may freely do so.  You do not need to gain permission from International Programs.  Please talk with your KU faculty advisor about when you plan to go on vacation.  Remember when traveling, you should always take your documents.

International Calendar

Founded in 1964 as part of a Ford Foundation campus internationalization grant
One of the first 12 intensive English programs in the United States
Each semester, the AEC enrolls about 250 students representing more than 35 countries on six continents
The Applied English Center offers field trips and conversation groups to our students
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times