Troubleshooting iHawk Technical Issues (For E-Form Review)
Once you click on the access link in the E-mail message you received from firstname.lastname@example.org, the iHawk login page should have your credentials already pre-populated. You should be able to access the E-form by simply clicking on the "Login" button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Since mid-February, 2018, an issue has been affecting users with certain browser settings when they try to log into iHawk. Typically, the user enters their KU online ID and password on the iHawk Login page but the Login page simply reloads with blank fields. In other cases, users might receive an "invalid request" error upon submitting E-forms in iHawk. To resolve any of these these issues, please try the following:
- Clear all the cookies/cache/history/saved passwords in the browser you are using to access iHawk and also make sure the browser is configured to accept cookies. (If you need help on clearing your browser cookies/cache/history/saved passwords, you can get in touch with the IT Customer Service Center (785) 864-8080 and they can walk you through it. You can also try using the following KU IT Knowledge Base pages as a starting point but please keep in mind that you might need to clear even more data in the relevant menus than described to have your browser work with iHawk: Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsfot Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari.)
- Close the browser, reopen the iHawk page and try logging in again using the "Administrative Services for University Departments" login link. (image)
Finally, in order to reduce the likelihood of technical issues with login and E-form submission in the future when working with iHawk, we recommend the following practices:
- Always log out of the iHawk system after you are done working.
- Configure the browser to automatically clear cookies/cache/history upon closing.
Other Common iHawk Login Issues
- If the cookies/cache/saved passwords are cleared but you are still getting an error, it might be that your password has expired. Please try logging into myKU portal with the same KU online ID and password. If you can do it, then please change your password and try to access iHawk again.
- If you can't log into myKU portal, and your KU online ID is correct, the password you are trying is invalid. If you forgot your password, try to reset it by answering your challenge questions.
If you have trouble resetting your password (for example, because you forgot answers to your challenge questions), you should get in touch with IT Customer Support Center as only they are able to help you. Their contact information is as follows:
If you are still having trouble logging into iHawk after trying the above steps, please send an email to email@example.com and include a description of the problem and a screenshot of the error page.