These are some of the more common visa categories that International Programs will use to support international employees and international scholars that needs visa support. The support process is always initiated by the KU hosting / hiring department.
- Maximum stay of 5 years.
- Primarily used for visiting scholars, postdoctoral researchers and visiting faculty.
- May become subject to the two year home country residency requirement.
- Will become subject to 24-month bar on repeat participation.
- Dependents hold J-2 status and can apply for work authorization.
- Used for short visits.
- Restrictive criteria on payment of honoraria and/or reimbursement of expenses.
- Canadian and Mexican citizens only.
- Must be a KU employee.
- Profession must be on the NAFTA list.
- For those in F-1 status who have completed a degree program in the U.S. and have received employment authorization from USCIS to work in a field related to their field of study.
- Maximum period of employment is 12 months.
- Degree granting institution maintains immigration advising responsibilities.
- Applicant must demonstrate sustained national and/or international acclaim and recognition for achievements.
- Must be a KU employee