Services for International Employees & Scholars

Request access to iHawk

A department or administrative user of iHawk is normally a department administrator, KU faculty member or member of the Shared Service Center.  This user will very often initiate a request process in iHawk.  Furthermore this department user does not have to have hiring authority at KU as many E-forms will have the ability for a second-approver to review, sign off on information, or submit correct information.

  1. Open a web browser and navigate to the iHawk website:
  2. Click on the Login button
  3. Log into iHawk using your KU online ID and password
  4. Once you have successfully authenticated, make sure that the options under the Departmental Service tab on the left-hand side are expanded.
  5. Select Departmental Access Request link
  6. Complete the required field to request departmental access
    1. Your KU online ID should be pre-populated
    2. For Campus questions, you will need to select the University of Kansas
    3. For Department question, enter the KU Department for which you work.
  7. Once you have completed the Departmental Access Request Form, electronically "sign" the form by checking the box in the confirmation statement and clicking the "Request Access" button.
  8. If you have attended the proper training, your request for access to iHawk will be approved within 3 days.  If you need access sooner, please send an email to International Programs at and we will expedite the approval.

International Calendar

One of the first 12 intensive English programs in the United States
Each semester year, the AEC enrolls about 250 students representing more than 35 countries on six continents.
Start working on your degree now! You can take university classes for credit at the same time you are taking English classes.
Earn university credits now! You can use 9 AEC credits as elective credits toward your KU degree in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, Business, and Architecture.
Fulfill a university requirement! Completion of your English proficiency requirements means you have finished your foreign language requirement at the University of Kansas.
We have computers just for you! The AEC has its own computer lab that AEC students can use for free.
We have tutoring just for you! The AEC has an Academic Resource Center where AEC students can get free tutoring from AEC teachers.
We have Conversation Groups just for you! You can practice your English language conversation skills at our AEC Conversation Groups.
Need help? Have a question? The AEC has a team of cross-cultural advisors ready to answer your questions and help you with any problem you are facing.
We are experts at what we do! AEC faculty and administrators have a total of 701 years in International Education.