J-1 Scholar Application Instructions
To begin the J-1 Scholar Application, an academic unit at the University of Kansas must start the process in iHawk. If a professor at KU has already invited you, they can learn how to start the J-1 Scholar Application in the "For Department" section of this website. Once your academic unit submits the first form, you will receive an email. You will be instructed to login using a temporary username and PIN through limited services. If you have previously been at KU, you will be promoted to use your KU ID number and PIN. Please use limited services.
Once you have access to iHawk, please follow these directions to submit eforms.
- Login to iHawk through limited services
- Click on Departmental Services
- Click on J-1 Scholar Application link
- Fill out the your desired eform
Documents required for each eform:
- pdf copy of passport
- copy of funding letter. Possible examples include, HR offer letter, letter from home university, personal bank statement, letter from government agency. If letter is not in English, please also include a translation.
- pdf copy of dependent's passport
- documentation to support chosen option on form. KU faculty member will review and approve documentation.